Friday, November 24, 2006


Double Feature

Since nothing ever happens on Thanksgiving night, Cara and I upheld our tradition of catching a movie on Thanksgiving. This year, we upped the ante -- we saw TWO.... The Queen and The Fountain.

The Queen was excellent. It's all about the week after Princess Diana's death and the reactions of the then-new Prime Minister Tony Blair and the Royal Family. Might not sound like a rip-roaring good time, but it's incredibly well acted and very well written. Helen Mirren (who's fantastic all the time) played the eponymous queen and was really terrific. Both Cara and I enjoyed ourselves.

The Fountain, on the other hand, was a total waste of time (with the minor exception of Hugh Jackman being hot.) I'd briefly recap the film, but... I can't because I still don't quite know what the fuck I watched. There was a bubble floating up in space with a giant tree in it, Spanish conquistadors, and Rachel Weicz and Hugh acting out scenes from Sweet November. A movie that tries very hard to be "important," it's ultimately about the quest of living forever.

You know how to make your life last forever? Sit through this movie. It feels like an eternity.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha, I forgot I had a blogspot account.

Google owns it. Who coulda guessed?

That is all. Nothing of relevance.

9:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Cody,
I just wanted to wish you a Merry Chrismas. I hope that you are happy and well.
All My Love,
Angie Lanclos Trahan

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home