Thursday, June 01, 2006



Cyndi Lauper

I went to Best Buy to spend the gift certificate I got for my birthday from my friend Cara , and I came across a lovely purchase -- a 3 disc set of the best of Cyndi Lauper.

I love Ms. Lauper. I was devoted to the "True Colors" album, and had the "She's So Unusual" cassette tape back when cassettes were solid tan plastic and the front sleeve had a listing of all the songs on it.

The discs are great -- songs from all the albums, even some that weren't radio releases (like "911" from the "true Colors" disc). And my favorite Lauper songs -- "I Drove All Night" and "The Goonies R Good Enough".

It makes me mad that Celine Dion remade "I Drove All Night" and then let it be played in a car commerical -- soulless French Canadian cunt. :)

And have you seen Cyndi recently? She looks fabulous. She made her broadway debut in "The Threepenny Opera" Here's a shot from her new album.



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who is Cyndi Lauper?

8:58 PM  
Blogger Casey said...

YAH CYNDI!!! I love her, too. I saw a DVD of her in concert - and she is amazing.

Celine is a freak, but fun as hell.

12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home