Monday, April 10, 2006


A 229...

So, when my brother and I were growing up, we created lots of little "in jokes" -- one of them being The 229.

A 229 was our fictional police code for a fashion violation. Any time we saw something incredibly tacky being worn by an otherwise well-meaning person, we'd point them out and say, "Look. A 229." My brother, (who is quite hilarious more often than not) also concocted the entire "Fashion Miranda Rights."

Have I mentioned we're both gay? I didn't think it would be necessary.

So, part of my blogging time will be spent writing about the 229s all around us. And I live in South Louisiana, so you can rest assured that I have PLENTY to write about. Now, I'm not just talking fashion -- but general tackiness that surrounds us on a daily basis.

And if you come across any 229s you think I might appreciate, let me know.

5 Comments:

Blogger Casey said...

"You have the right to remain fashionable. Anything you buy or wear can, and will, be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to a new outfit. If you can not afford one, one will be provided for you."

Ohh, I love 229's. You have to get a camera so you can go around taking pictures of them! And then post those pics on the blog!

3:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have taken into custody Thelma Jane Daigle...(yes her name is Thelma Jane dont ask)...for weekly 229 felonies...hopefully we can keep her away from public for good!

11:15 AM  
Blogger Cody Daigle said...

I wonder what her defense might be...

Temporarily Bedazzled.

Overage Sequins.

Operating While Under the Influence of Polyester.

3:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha i agree i like the operating under the influence of polyester one hmm instead of a O.U.I. we could call it a T.R.A.S.H. =Tough Rare
Amazingly Skanky Hooker

12:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that comment was from me

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home